| Home > Return Policy
|100% Satisfaction Guarantee
You can shop in comfort, knowing that your gift ordered from Appreciated Gift Baskets is covered by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We guarantee that the gifts you ordered will arrive on time per any shipment guarantees, as ordered and in perfect condition to your gift recipient. If you (or your gift recipient) are not completely satisfied, contact a Customer Service representative immediately and we will work to make it right.
Refunds and Replacements
We want you to shop in comfort and have a positive and hassle free experience. If there is a problem with your gift order, we will do everything possible to correct the situation, and work with you to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. Contact our Customer Service representatives to help in resolving any issues. The policies below cover most common situations. We want you to be happy with the gift purchase you made. If you are not satisfied for any reason, you or your gift recipient may request credit for a gift, if Customer Service is notified within 3 business days of delivery of the gift, and we receive returnable gifts within 7 days of of receipt of the gift (day of delivery is day 1). See Steps to Return a Gift for instructions on returning a gift.
Damaged Shipping Package
In general, you should verify your package is not damaged prior to signing for the package from your shipping carrier. Your signature indicates proof for the shipping carrier that the package was delivered and in good condition when delivered.
If a gift you received or sent is damaged in transit, contact our Customer Service department within 3 business days of the gift being received to make a refund claim. We will place a claim with the shipping carrier. You can purchase a replacement gift if you wish, and we will apply your claim credit against this gift once the credit is received. Please note: the day the gift was delivered is considered as the first day for filing your refund claim with the shipping carrier. Once the claim has been completed, a refund will be offered, or your claim credit applied against the charges for the second gift shipment. Claims typically take 3-5 days to process by the shipping carriers after the claim has been verified.
Please note that in processing the claim, Appreciated Gift Baskets or the shipping carrier will verify the damage and determine the cause of damage. Appreciated Gift Baskets or the carrier may request to collect the damaged package and all its original packaging materials, or in some cases request electronic pictures of the damaged package to inspect the package and verify the claim. We may also request to have you return the damaged gift to our shipping facility to process the claim.
Gift Delivered to Incorrect Address
If your gift does not arrive at its specified destination or is delivered to the wrong destination due to improper addressing of the package on our part, you may receive a refund credit by contacting Customer Service.
This credit policy does not include packages delivered to the wrong address due to an error in the address you provided with the order, or gifts sent to locations for which we do not guarantee delivery, such as hospitals, colleges, and businesses, or where the recipient is not available to accept delivery from the shipping carrier. Incorrect addresses can include incorrect or outdated addresses, zip code, suite/apartment number, or phone number. In these situations, no refund credit will be provided. We recommend you verify the shipping address and phone number with www.anywho.com, but be advised that this information may not be up to date, particularly if the person recently moved.
Gifts ordered with incomplete or an incorrect address will be returned to our shipping facility by the shipping carrier. We will make every effort to contact you to get the correct address and re-send the gift or provide a partial refund. The shipping carrier charges an additional incorrect address fee and return shipping to our shipping facility which will be added to your order, in addition to any new shipping charges to resend the package.
Gift Not Received
If your gift was not received by the recipient, review the order status of your order and the shipping status with the shipping carrier to make sure that the gift was delivered. If the package was shipped, but never delivered, contact either the shipping carrier or a Customer Service representative. For lost packages, claims will be filed with the shipping carrier. You can purchase a replacement gift if you wish, and we will apply your claim credit against this gift once the credit is received. Claims typically take 3-5 days to process with the shipping carrier to either locate and deliver the package or provide a credit. We will provide credit once the shipping carrier has verified the package was not properly delivered.
We rely on verification of delivery being provided by the shipping carrier. Verification of delivery may depend on agreements you have in place with them (such as a signature on file to leave packages on your door step). It may also include packages delivered to neighbors by the shipping carrier if the carrier leaves a notice. In these situations, you should contact the shipping carrier directly for assistance on where the package was delivered. Note that a carrier is able to determine whether a particular location is safe to leave a package if no one available to take delivery.
Shipments to hospitals, colleges and other business institutions are guaranteed to arrive at the specific address provided. We can not however guarantee that they will reach the specific individual within such institutions.
Incorrect Gift Received
If Appreciated Gift Baskets made an error in sending a different gift to your gift recipient than you ordered, we will replace it with the correct gift with no additional charge. Please contact a Customer Service representative within 48 hours of receipt to arrange for us to send the gift received back to our shipping facility and to have the correct gift sent.
Please consider these situations when reporting an incorrect gift. Review your order to make sure your actual order was as intended. If you ordered an unintended item, please review Steps to Return a Gift below for returning a correctly shipped gift. We are not able to provide a full refund under this policy for correctly shipped gifts that you ordered. Some substitutions may have occurred in the gift basket. Please review the Substitution Policy for possible substitutions that may have occurred.
Our shipping carriers make every attempt to deliver your gift to your gift recipient. If the gift package is refused by the recipient or the carrier could not deliver the package for some other reason, the package will be returned back to our shipping facilities. Refused packages incur additional shipping and handling fees to have the package sent back to our shipping facility. Any partial refund credit provided will be less all original and additional shipping and handling charges and fees and a 20% restocking fee.
Note: Packages sent to hospitals, colleges, hospices, funeral homes, or other institutions may refuse acceptance. Packages may be refused if a business or institution is closed for the holiday or weekend, the recipient is no longer resident at an institution, or no one is at available to accept a delivery. We can not be responsible for refused deliveries.
If our carrier does not meet a guaranteed delivery date, we will refund your shipping charge in full. Contact Customer Service to request a late delivery refund.
Not all shipping methods are guaranteed and the shipping carriers reserve the right to suspend shipping guarantees during peak periods. Appreciated Gift Baskets will use its best efforts to notify you of such changes should they occur.
During the busy holiday season, many carriers suspend their shipping guarantees 14 calendar days before Christmas.
Shipping guarantees are based on the date your gift ships from our facility. We make our best effort to ship requested same-day orders the same day as ordered, if they meet the same day shipping criteria described under our Shipping Policies.
If you wish to return a gift due to late delivery, see Steps to Return a Gift.
Gifts with Ice and Insulation
If ice and insulation were included with a gift package and the gift items are still melted when it arrives, you will be entitled to a refund or replacement if Customer Service is notified within 3 business days of receipt of the gift.
We are proud to offer a wide selection of personalized gifts for you. If you purchase a customized gift, please remember this gift has been specially crafted just for you and your recipient. We normally do not accept returns on these types of gifts for credit, but will do so if there has been an error on our part. See Steps to Return a Gift.
Returning Items You Didnít Order
If you receive an extra item in a gift package shipment or items were delivered to you that you didnít order, please contact a Customer Service representative. We will assist you in returning the package.
Steps to Return a Gift
Due to the perishable nature of many items within gift baskets, it is important for any issues to be brought to our attention immediately. See Refunds & Replacements for our return policy. Follow these steps to return a gift:
- Check that the gift is returnable. We cannot accept returns of:
Where possible, if you are going to return a gift, keep it unopened and undamaged, in its original packaging.
- Personalized gifts, except in case of our error
- Gifts containing lotions, shaving products, body butters or facial care products
- Opened or eaten candy gifts that have an product item number starting with the letters A.
- Obtain an RMA number. Prior to shipping back the gift, contact Customer Service for a Return Merchandise Authorization Number and the proper return shipping address. We are not able to accept packages for credit without a prior return authorization. The return address will be different depending on the gift and original shipping facility. Please do not return packages to our headquarters address. Our headquarters location is not designed to process returned packages.
- Package gift for return. On the outside of the returned package, indicate the RMA number on the return. Packages without an RMA number or shipped to an incorrect return address may have the return credit request delayed or denied. Include the original packaging slip in the package. This will assist us in more quickly handling your return. We suggest you also include inside the shipped package, the RMA number, order number, your name, address, phone number and email address if you have one. This will help ensure that information will not be lost during transit and that we can contact you if needed.
- Ship return. Contact a shipping carrier to ship the return gift package. You will be responsible for return shipping charges unless we have advised you otherwise. We recommend using a shipping method with delivery confirmation so that you know the package was delivered. We will process your return claim once the package is delivered to us. When shipping the package, make sure to insure the package for the value of the product being returned. We can not accept packages damaged in transit to us for return credit. UPS automatically protects every shipment against loss or damage up to a value of US$100.00.
- Credit Refund. Once the gift is received back in our shipping facility, we will verify the final credit amount. In general, a 20% restocking fee will apply, in addition to any original shipping and handling charges and fees incurred by us (except as noted otherwise in this policy). We will notify you via email of the status of your refund as it proceeds through our return process. We can provide a refund to the purchaser, or Appreciated Gift Baskets store credit to the gift recipient.